Pirates Press Release
Pirates Homestand Highlights - April 17-24
Fireworks and Kids Day Highlight Pirates Second Homestand
The Pirates return to PNC Park from a nine-game road trip to host National League Central rivals, the Milwaukee Brewers and Cincinnati Reds for four games apiece over eight days. This homestand will be highlighted by the Fourth Annual Pirates Charities 5K Home Run on Saturday, April 19; Kids Day on Sunday, April 20 and Lunch with the Bucs on Thursday, April 24.
Thursday, April 17, 2014-Pirates vs Milwaukee Brewers (7:05 p.m.)
• Iron Mike: Former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, Mike Tyson, will throw out a ceremonial first pitch before tonight's game. Tyson is in Pittsburgh as Iron Mike Promotions will make its Showtime network debut with an April 18 Pittsburgh-area card, headlined by three of his prized undefeated fighters.
• Hurricanes: The 2014 State Champion New Castle High School basketball team will be honored during a pregame ceremony on the field. The team became just the fourth WPIAL AAAA program to finish the season undefeated (31-0) as they took home state gold in March. For complete details and to order tickets for New Castle Night visit pirates.com/NewCastle.
Friday, April 18, 2014-Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (7:05 p.m.)
• Career & Internship Fair: The Pirates will host the 2014 Pittsburgh Pirates Career and Internship Fair which will take place in the Pittsburgh Baseball Club at PNC Park today from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet and speak with several representatives from professional organizations from the sports and hospitality industry. Day of event registration is $35 at the door. Registration includes: admittance to the career fair, speaker series and Q&A with Pirates front office employees. Additionally, Pirates executives will host a question and answer session regarding their experiences in the industry and also will provide career advice. Also included is one ticket to tonight's Pirates vs. Brewers game. For more information, please contact Lauren Farrell at 412-325-4928 or Lauren.Farrell@pirates.com
• Free Shirt Friday: The Pirates popular Free Shirt Friday continues as the first 25,000 fans, with paid admission, will receive a Pirates Cheese tee, in honor of closer Jason Grilli, compliments of Coca-Cola.
• Jackie Robinson Day: The Pirates will recognize the winners of the 2014 Pittsburgh Pirates Jackie Robinson Art, Essay and Poetry contest with an on-field pregame ceremony. The contest challenged students in grades three through eight to express their thoughts creatively about Robinson's nine values for success in either piece of art, a poem or an essay. The contest was free to enter, and could be tailored to meet educational requirements. The 18 winners will be recognized on the field before tonight's game.
• Beer Passport Night: Beer Passport ticket holders 21-and-older are invited to a 90-minute beer sampling event that begins when gates open at 5:30 p.m. For more information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/beerpassport.
Saturday, April 19, 2014-Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (7:05 p.m.)
• Fourth Annual Pirates 5K: The fourth annual Pittsburgh Pirates 5K Home Run presented by Highmark and Allegheny Health Network, and benefitting Pirates Charities, will be held this morning beginning at 8 a.m. The run/walk will take place on Pittsburgh's North Shore, starting on Federal Street and finishing inside PNC Park. The race is sold out as nearly 5,000 participants of all ages and abilities will take part. The top finishers from each category will be recognized in a pre-game on-field ceremony before tonight's game. For complete race details including finishing times, log on to pirates.com/5Khomerun.
• Zambelli Fireworks Night: Fans are encouraged to stay in their seats immediately following the game and enjoy an amazing fireworks display presented by Zambelli Fireworks International, courtesy of FedEx Ground.
• Scratch and Win: Everyone is a winner with the special Scratch 'n Win presented by Eat 'n Park. All fans will receive a scratch-off ticket upon entering PNC Park with an opportunity to win one of several great prizes.
Sunday, April 20, 2014-Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (1:35 p.m.) Kids Day
• Sock Monkey: All kids 14 and younger, with paid admission, will receive a kids Pirates sock monkey, presented by Trib Total Media.
• Kids Run the Bases: Kids attending today's game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park with the Kids Run the Bases, presented by Kennywood.
• Kids Day: Come down early and join the fun as the #1 Cochran Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be inflatable rides, face painting, information about the Bucaroos Kids Club, presented by Chick-fil-A and more.
• Advantage Card Game: As part of the many fan-friendly values at PNC Park, today is a Giant Eagle Advantage Card game. Fans can save up to $10 on select tickets for every Sunday home game. For complete details, visit pirates.com/advantagecard.
• Youth Baseball and Softball Day: Youth Baseball & Softball Days are back. Register the entire team or league, and the first 1,000 players & coaches to register as a team will participate in a special pre-game ceremony on the field. For more information and to purchase tickets visit pirates.com/youthbaseballandsoftball.
Monday, April 21, 2014-Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (7:05 p.m.)
Tuesday, April 22, 2014- Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (7:05 p.m.)
• Pups in the Park: Fans can enjoy Bucco baseball with their pooch as the Pirates present the first of nine Pup Nights at PNC Park. Each ticket package (1 person & 1 dog) costs just $28 with additional human tickets available for $28 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit local animal shelters and seats are limited and subject to availability. For complete information and to order tickets fans can visit pirates.com/pups.
Wednesday, April 23, 2014-Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (7:05 p.m.)
Thursday, April 24, 2014-Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (12:35 p.m.)
• Lunch with the Bucs: Need to get out of the office? Do Lunch with the Bucs, sponsored by Trib Total Media. Grandstand tickets are just $20 and come with $5 in loaded value and Outfield Box seats are just $30 and have $10 in loaded value. Loaded Value is a credit on your ticket(s) that can be used during the game at concession and merchandise stands throughout PNC Park. For more information visit pirates.com/lunch.
Military Ticket Discount
The Pirates are proud to team up with GovX to offer discounted tickets to active-duty, reserve, veteran, and retired service members and their families. All season long military members are invited to save up to $10 per ticket on select seats at PNC Park. Tickets are available now at pirates.com/military and a valid active-duty, reserve, retired, dependent or DOD employee ID card is required for ticket window purchases.
Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles
The Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle is back for a second season. The 50/50 Raffles will take place during each Pirates home game throughout the season. Raffle ticket prices are three (3) tickets for $5, 10 tickets for $10 and 40 tickets for $20 with all proceeds benefiting Pirates Charities. Raffle ticket sales close after the last out in the sixth inning. The winning number will be drawn, announced in the 8th inning and the winner will receive 50 percent of the total pot. Winning numbers will also be
posted on www.pirates.com/5050raffle within three business days.
2014 Bucaroos Kids Club
The Bucaroos Kids Club, presented by Chick-fil-A, is open to all kids ages 14 and younger. The club offers special member-only benefits and has two great membership options-one of which is free. Fans can visit pirates.com/bucaroos to learn more about the different membership options and how to earn free game ticket vouchers, great gear and access to our exclusive Rewards Program.
2014 Lady Bucs Club
Lady Pirates fans and their closest friends are invited to join the Lady Bucs Club. Experience Pirates baseball in an exciting new way as membership includes one (1) ticket to two (2) Lady Bucs Party Nights, seating in the Baseline Box, membership card and access to each of the four (4) pregame Lady Bucs Club parties in the Pirates Picnic Park. Check out pirates.com/ladybucs for membership costs and a list of detailed benefits.
Dynamic Pricing Section
The Pirates popular dynamic pricing system is back in 2014 and includes both the Bleacher Reserve and Upper Bleacher Reserve sections of PNC Park. Tickets for the 2,400 seats, located in left field, will be placed on sale 10-days prior to each home game. The initial ticket price will then be adjusted- both lower and higher- in real time, based on several factors. For the complete list of games and to find the on-sale dates, visit pirates.com/dynamic.
All You Can Eat
The All You Can Eat Seats are a popular way to enjoy a game in Sections 201 through 205. Those tickets are priced at $43 for White games, $45 for Black games and $48 for Gold games.** They include all the hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, salads, popcorn, peanuts, peanut butter-filled pretzels, ice cream and soda you can handle for one low price -- and there are dedicated All You Can Eat concession stands with a speed line approach.
(**Advance ticket purchase price. Black games are Saturdays in April and all Fridays from May through September. Gold games are Opening Day (March 31), all Saturdays from May through September, July 4 & 6 vs. Philadelphia and September 16-18 vs. Boston).
Hunt Auctions Kiosk
Located on the main concourse behind section 125, the Hunt Auctions kiosk is your one and only source for game-used and autographed items at PNC Park. Stop by to own your piece of the 2013 Pirates post-season, or check out our new autographed and game-used products featuring Gerrit Cole, Pedro Alvarez, Andrew McCutchen and more.
Pirates Season Ticket Plans
Full Season, 41-game and 20-game season ticket plans are available for the 2014 season. Full and partial-season ticket plans feature exclusive benefits including guaranteed seats for the biggest games, discounted ticket prices, invitations to special season ticket holder events featuring Pirates players and executives, plus much more. For more information regarding purchasing a season ticket plan, call 1-800-BUY-BUCS or visit pirates.com/tickets.
The Pirates are pleased to offer a variety of fan-friendly values throughout 2014, simply visit pirates.com/tickets for these great deals and more.
• Kids Pricing: The Pirates are pleased to offer special ticket prices for all 81 home games for kids ages 14 and younger in select sections of PNC Park. Save up to $9 on kid's single game tickets.
• Coca-Cola Fan Pack: Every Sunday game at PNC Park fans will have the opportunity to purchase the Coca-Cola Fan Pack for only $35. The deal includes a Lower Outfield Box ticket, a hot dog, pretzel and a Coca-Cola fountain drink.
• Port Authority Connect and Save: Fans can save up to $10 on tickets for every Monday through Thursday home game through August 7 with their Port Authority ConnectCard.
For a complete list of the 2014 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.