Brewers Press Release
Miller Park Opening Day ceremonies, homestand Details set
Miss America Laura Kaeppeler to Throw Ceremonial First Pitch
Joseph Attanasio to Sing National Anthem
MILWAUKEE, WI – The Milwaukee Brewers begin the 2012 season at Miller Park on Friday against the St. Louis Cardinals. Details for Opening Day ceremonies and the first homestand follow.
Ticket Availability: Tickets for the Home Opener are sold out. Limited seating remains for Saturday’s game and tickets are available for Easter Sunday’s game against the Cardinals.
Friday, April 6 vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 3:10 p.m. (Opening Day)
• Parking Lots/Gate Opening Times: The Miller Park parking lots will open at noon on Opening Day. The gates to the ballpark will open two hours before first pitch.
• First Pitch: Miss America Laura Kaeppeler, a native of Kenosha, Wisconsin, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. She will also perform God Bless America during the seventh inning.
• National Anthem: Joseph Attanasio, father of Brewers Chairman and Principal Owner Mark Attanasio, will sing the National Anthem before Friday’s Opening Day.
• Associated Bank Brewers Magnetic Schedule Day: All fans in attendance will receive a Brewers 2012 magnetic schedule, compliments of Associated Bank.
• The 10th Annnual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race: Prior to first pitch on Opening Day, the Famous Racing Sausages will take part in the 10th Annual Klement’s Opening Day First Brat Relay Race, beginning at 11 a.m. at the Klement’s plant on Chase Ave. The Famous Racing Sausages will deliver the “First Brat” all the way to Miller Park (weather permitting).
The repaving of a stretch of I-94 Eastbound in Milwaukee County from 70th Street to 32nd Street will take place this spring. The Milwaukee Brewers have worked closely with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation and other partners to minimize the impact that this will have on traffic coming to and from Miller Park. However, it is recommended that fans plan ahead when traveling to games and consider using all available routes to and from the ballpark. Fans are asked to please follow the direction of traffic and parking personnel.
As part of the construction, Mitchell Boulevard access ramps along 94 East will generally be closed through late June. However, these ramps will be opened for all Brewers home games. For the most up to date information on the project, fans are encouraged to visit repave94.org. For more information tailored specifically to arriving and departing Miller Park, visit the Miller Park tab at Brewers.com.
OPENING DAY PARKING INFORMATION
The Brewers are urging fans to plan ahead when considering parking options for all games at Miller Park, but in particular for Opening Day.
Fans may purchase parking passes in advance for all home dates at Miller Park, including Opening Day. In addition to the Miller Park Box Office, fans may purchase parking passes through brewers.com or by phone at (414) 902-4000.
Consistent with recent years, the Brewers have arranged for overflow parking at Wisconsin State Fair Park for Opening Day. In the likely event that Miller Park lots reach capacity, fans may take the 84th street exit from I-94 and enter through gate #7. From there, they will see signage and staff directing them to the parking area. A $15 fee will cover vehicle parking and shuttle services are free. Buses, provided by Riteway Bus, will be staged near the U.S. Cellular® Gate at State Fair Park and will offer service to and from Miller Park before and after the game. Shuttle services are scheduled to begin at 12:30 p.m. and will run until approximately 1.5 hours after the game. Buses will pick up in the drop-off location which will be located on VA grounds. Fans should follow the path marked “Stadium” which will lead them to the Right Field Gate Please tune in to AM 1180 or have a passenger go to @Bernie_Brewer on Twitter for up to the minute information.
MILLER PARK GATE OPENING TIMES (Except for Opening Day; subject to Change In Season)
• Gates open 2 hours prior to the scheduled start of all Marquee Games.
• In April, May and September, gates open 90 minutes prior to the scheduled start of non-Marquee Games, 7 days a week. In June, July and August, gates open 90 minutes prior to the scheduled start of non-Marquee Games Sunday-Friday and 2 hours prior to the scheduled start of all Saturday games.
Saturday, April 7 vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 3:05 p.m.
• Potawatomi Pen Schedule: The first 20,000 fans 21 and older will receive a pen schedule, courtesy of Potawatomi Bingo Casino.
• Melvin and Axford Honors: Brewers General Manager Doug Melvin (Baseball America Executive of the Year) and John Axford (National League Fireman of the Year) will be honored on the field prior to the game. A ceremony to honor Ryan Braun for his N.L. MVP Award will occur later this month.
Sunday, April 8 vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 1:10 p.m. (Easter Sunday)
• West Bend – The Silver Lining, Kapco Metal Stamping and Delzer Lithograph 2011 Brewers Highlight DVD: All fans will receive a DVD featuring the 2011 NL Central Champion Milwaukee Brewers, compliments of West Bend – The Silver Lining, Kapco Metal Stamping and Delzer Lithograph.
• Family Day: For just $50, fans can purchase four Terrace Reserved tickets to Sunday’s game and receive four coupons for free hot dogs and small sodas. For information, call (414) 902-4000 or visit brewers.com/familydays. Family Days tickets are $12.50 each and must be purchased at least 48 hours in advance of the game.
• Great Clips Kids Base Runs: Kids 16 and under can run the bases after Sunday home games! For details on how to enter to win the chance to lead off the Great Clips Base Run, visit participating Milwaukee-area Great Clips salons.
• Stars and Stripes Military Sundays: For each Sunday home game, the Brewers are offering two free Terrace Level tickets or half price tickets to select seating areas (excluding Uecker Seats, Bleacher Seating and All-Inclusive Areas) to active and retired military personnel. The offer applies to all branches of the military service. Active and retired military personnel must present valid military identification, redeemable at windows 7-12 at Miller Park on the day of game only. This offer is based on ticket availability.
• Crew H-D Ticket Package: For $20, join Crew H-D and get your ticket package that includes a Brewers ticket to one of 10 select games during the 2012 season, one adult admission ticket to the Harley-Davidson Museum® and an H-D Museum glass mug that you can claim on your next trip to The Shop at the Museum. For tickets, ride to the Miller Park Ticket Office, visit brewers.com/hdmuseum or call (414) 902-4000 today! Offer ends September 30.