OFFICIAL RULES - Where's Polish? Scavenger Hunt
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase chances of winning.
2. Eligibility. The Milwaukee Brewers "Where's Polish? Scavenger Hunt" (the "Promotion") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C. who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry ("Eligible Participant(s)"). Employees, officers and directors (including immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club, L. P. (the "Sponsor," the "Milwaukee Brewers" or "Brewers"), the other MLB Entities (defined below), and each of their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, partners, any participating sponsors or prize providers, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers and advertising and promotions agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Promotion, are not eligible to participate or win a Prize (defined below). The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation. Residents of New York and Florida are not eligible.
3. How to Win. NO OFFICIAL ENTRY NECESSARY. The Promotion period begins in the early morning on May 13, 2013 and ends after all Polish Brewers Lawn Ornaments ("Lawn Ornaments") are found on May 13, 2013 ("Promotion Period" or "Promotion Date"). At the outset of the Promotion Period, the Milwaukee Brewers shall place approximately Two Thousand (2,000) Lawn Ornaments, in the grass areas surrounding Miller Park and its parking lots (the "Prize Zone(s)"). During the Promotion Period, Eligible Participants shall have the opportunity to locate a Lawn Ornament, some of which will have a prize or prize certificate (each, a "Prize') attached throughout the Prize Zones. The first Eligible Participant to arrive at the Prize Zone(s) and retain possession of a Lawn Ornament that has a Prize attached shall be declared a potential Promotion winner of the applicable Prize, subject to confirmation that such Participant meets all eligibility requirements (the "Winner"). In the event that the first participant to arrive at the Prize Zone(s) and retain possession of a Lawn Ornament does not meet all eligibility requirements, Sponsor will award the attached Prize (if any) to the first Eligible Participant to arrive at the Prize Zone(s) and retain possession of such Lawn Ornament or, at Sponsor's sole discretion, to the first Eligible Participant that Sponsor determines would have retained possession of the Lawn Ornament at issue if an ineligible participant had not initially retained possession of the same Lawn Ornament. If two (2) or more Eligible Participants arrive at the Prize Zone(s) and attempt to retain possession of a Lawn Ornament that has a Prize attached at the exact same time, a trivia question will be asked of such Eligible Participants for the awarding of the attached Prize. Inclusion in such trivia contest shall be each Eligible Participant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The first Eligible Participant to accurately answer a trivia question provided by Sponsor will be considered the Winner of the attached Prize. The total number and placement of Lawn Ornaments and Prizes within the Prize Zones is in the sole discretion of the Milwaukee Brewers. Lawn Ornaments will remain available throughout the Promotion Period, or until supplies last. Eligible Participants are limited to ONE (1) LAWN ORNAMENT AND ONE (1) PRIZE PER ELIGIBLE HOUSEHOLD. All Prizes must be redeemed as set forth on the prize certificates, or shall become void. The Milwaukee Brewers reserve the exclusive right to determine and restrict the eligibility of Prize Winners. By taking part in the Promotion, each participant agrees to these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Milwaukee Brewers are final and binding on all matters relating to this Promotion. Promotion participants may not take actions that are negligent, injurious, or reckless in pursuit of any prize offered in connection with a Promotion. Eligible Participant(s) who do not follow this rule or who otherwise participate in this Promotion in an unsportsmanlike manner will be disqualified from the Promotion. Promotion participants are solely responsible for any injuries or other damages that are caused from their behavior. Promotion participants agree to indemnify, release, discharge, and hold harmless the Released Parties (defined below) from and against any and all claims, liability, losses damages or injuries of any kind with respect thereto.
4. Prizes. Eligible Participants will have the opportunity to win the following Prizes as specified below. All available Prizes provided herein are strictly limited to the Prize affixed to the respective Lawn Ornament as found by a respective Prize Winner and may not be substituted for any other Prize.
The potential Prizes include:
EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, TRANSPORTATION AND LODGING NOT INCLUDED IN ANY PRIZE. Exact Prize details, including date, time, location, duration and nature of any Prize experience, shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Milwaukee Brewers. All Prizes are subject to availability and the rules and regulations of the Milwaukee Brewers and/or the applicable Major League Baseball Club, as applicable. Specific prize descriptions and restrictions and approximate values are available from the Milwaukee Brewers upon request. Each Prize Winner and/or his/her guest(s) (if applicable, based upon the Prize descriptions above) will receive admission to the applicable Prize game or event. The Prizes are all subject to availability and are non-transferable and non-assignable. No substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of any Prize is permitted except at the Milwaukee Brewers' sole and absolute discretion. The Milwaukee Brewers reserve the right to substitute a Prize (or any portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion. WINNERS MUST CLAIM PRIZE WITHIN THE PROMOTION PERIOD. All federal, state, or local taxes associated with each Prize are each Prize Winner's responsibility. All Prize Winners must complete all appropriate paperwork as required by law and by the Milwaukee Brewers, including but not limited to providing their social security number and address to claim prize package. Prizes with a retail value of Six-Hundred Dollars ($600.00) or greater require the winners to receive and complete a 1099 form, and as a condition of receiving the prize the winner shall provide either a W-9 form or an affidavit containing the winner's social security number. All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to lodging, transportation costs, meals, gratuities and other expenses, if any, incurred by accepting the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. Each Prize Winner's companions must be at least eighteen (18) years of age, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the Milwaukee Brewers, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of any Prize will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Each Prize Winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable ballpark regulations in connection with the Prize. The Milwaukee Brewers and the applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any Prize Winner and/or his/her guest(s) who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Released Parties will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition tickets awarded as part of any Prize(s) may not be resold or offered for resale. Any such resale may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize, and may invalidate the license granted by the game ticket(s). Sponsor reserves the right not to award any Prize(s).
5. WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE: The Milwaukee Brewers and the other MLB Entities shall not be responsible for damages or costs to Prize Winner or his/her guest(s) or for any loss, damage, delay, or personal or economic injury to Prize Winner or his/her guest(s). The MLB Entities and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, direct or indirect partners, members, affiliates, principals, managers, directors, officers, stockholders, employees, contractors, licensees, invitees, servants, representatives, agents, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Promotion, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, "Released Parties") of any and all of the foregoing shall not be responsible for any injuries, damage, or losses caused in connection with social or labor unrest, war, terrorist activities, mechanical or construction difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, or any other actions, events, omissions or conditions. Prize Winner or his/her guest(s) voluntarily assume all risks of personal injury and economic damages and are advised to obtain appropriate insurance coverage against them. Acceptance of the Prize shall constitute Prize Winner's consent to the above and an agreement on Prize Winner's part to convey the contents of these conditions and terms to companions. Additional rules and regulations may apply. The Milwaukee Brewers and the other MLB Entities are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Promotion-related materials, advertisements, or other press, statements of written materials of any kind; or transactions that are processed late, incorrectly or are lost. The Milwaukee Brewers reserve the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud or technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Promotion, as determined by the Milwaukee Brewers in its sole discretion.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) PARTICIPANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The "MLB Entities" shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. ("MLBAM"), Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., the Major League Baseball Clubs, The MLB Network, LLC, MLB Advanced Media DH, LLC, Tickets.com, Inc., SportsOnEarth, LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries or affiliated entities, any entity that, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Major League Baseball Clubs or the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, and the directors, officers, employees and agents of the above entities. By participating in the Promotion, each participant agrees to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) waive any and all claims against the Released Parties for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Promotion or from the receipt or use of any Prize or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any Prize. By entering this Promotion, each participant gives his/her express permission to be contacted by the Milwaukee Brewers and/or MLBAM by telephone, e-mail and/or postal mail for Promotion purposes. Each participant, by entering the Promotion and/or accepting a Prize, accepts all Prize conditions and grants to the Brewers, MLBAM and each of their respective designees the right to publicize such participant's name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and Prize information for advertising, promotional and/or trade and/or any other purpose in any media or format now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity without limitation and without additional compensation or consideration, notification, or permission, unless prohibited by law.
6. Governing Law. This Promotion shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin without regard to principles of conflicts of law.
7. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club Limited Partnership, One Brewers Way, Miller Park, Milwaukee, WI 53214 and may be referred to herein as Sponsor, the Brewers or the Milwaukee Brewers.
Milwaukee Brewers and Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved.