2013 GRANT GUIDELINES
Brewers Community Foundation, Inc. extends financial support to nonprofits that provide quality programming in the areas of health, education, recreation and basic needs, with a particular focus on low-income and disadvantaged youth and their families. Grant recipients must provide an update of grant-related activities to Brewers Community Foundation, Inc. one year after receiving funding.
- A 501 (c) 3 tax-exempt non-profit organization in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service whose programs benefit health, education, recreation or basic needs.
- Has a record of outstanding service in effectively and efficiently delivering programs and services that further the mission of Brewers Community Foundation, Inc.
- Ensures that 100% of the grant funding is used for purposes outlined in the grant request.
- Demonstrates additional financial support from sources other than Brewers Community Foundation, Inc.
INFORMATION ABOUT GRANTS
Brewers Community Foundation, Inc. typically issues grants in amounts from $1,000 to $10,000. Organizations applying for funding are asked and encouraged to stay within these financial parameters. Organizations are asked to submit one request per calendar year.
BREWERS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION, INC. DOES NOT FUND:
- Organizations in existence less than two years.
- Debt retirement or operating deficits.
- Endowments or other reserve funds.
- Annual membership or affiliation campaigns, conferences, symposiums, workshops, group trips or individual trips.
- Grants to individuals.
- Organizations that further political doctrine.
2013 GRANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Proposals should be kept to a maximum of 2 pages (excluding financial reports) and no binders, spiral notebooks, videos or CD's are to be submitted.
Please include the following:
- Organization name, name and title of person submitting application, name of Executive Director or CEO, date of submission, address, phone number, fax number, e-mail address.
- Amount of funding requested — amounts ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 — and specifics on how these funds will be used.
- If appropriate, listing of how the program will benefit children and number of children who will benefit.
- Listing of other foundation/community and business financial support for requested program.
- IRS Letter of Determination, current audit report for organization requesting funds and list of board of directors with their business and professional positions.
Completed requests should be submitted to:
- Cecelia Gore
- c/o Joan Enters
- Brewers Community Foundation, Inc.
- Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club
- One Brewers Way
- Milwaukee, WI 53214
PROPOSAL DEADLINE: Grant applications are accepted from January 1, 2013 through October 1, 2013.
RELEASE OF FUNDS: Grants may be issued throughout the season however the majority of fund decisions will occur no later than November 1, 2013.